Friday, July 25, 2008

Have gas, will travel: Laguna

This was the first "have gas, will travel" trip which I did March of this year. However, I was not able to post this before. Succeeding "have gas, will travel" trips were at Cebu and Bohol. I will post my adventures from these escapes when I get the time to leisurely write about them.

After watching the movie Elizabethtown, I decided to take the advice of Kirsten Dunst, to go on a road-trip alone. For my first “have gas, will travel” trip, I decided to go around Laguna since my family would be at Pansol, Laguna for the Holy Week and it would be a great take-off point for the towns in the circumference of Laguna de Bay. Supposedly, I’ll be taking the trip alone. But when my cousins learned of my plan, one-by-one, they decided to tag along. It then turned out that I’d become the tour guide for three couples who’ll go on a date around Laguna.

These were our stops: a.) Pila, Laguna, b.) Paete, Laguna, c.) Exotik Restaurant, d.) Japanese Garden, e.) Lake Caliraya, f.) Nagcarlan, Laguna.

Pila, Municipal Hall

Paete wood carvings

Adobong Sawa (python)

Japanese Garden

Lake Caliraya

Underground Cemetery

One thing I realized after this trip was that a road-trip would not be a road-trip until you get lost. =)

No comments:

About Me

Powered By Blogger
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from senyorito_gwapito. Make your own badge here.